Sediver exclusive manufacturing processes, stringent quality criteria and procedures result in outstanding reliability and performance on line, which in turn guarantee the lowest life cycle cost solution.
Sediver insulators: more than a standardized insulator
Sediver insulators are not only designed to comply with the minimum requirements of the applicable standards. They are defined by Sediver internal superior quality requirements for a higher level of performance in service.
Sediver made up a proprietary conception of glass insulators using high strength aluminous cement with a specific hot curing process that confers unique mechanical and residual strength as well as mechanical stability over time.
- Long term electrical and mechanical reliability: no ageing over time. The life time of Sediver glass insulators exceeds the life time of conductors, hardware and structure
- Reduced inspection and maintenance costs
- Ease and reliability of visual inspection, no risk of hidden defects
- Lowest shattering rate of the industry thanks to the high purity of Sediver glass
- High residual mechanical strength
- Safe live-line working
5 profiles, each with a special combination of characteristics:
In clean and mild pollution environment
Fog type profile
In heavy polluted areas
In desert area
easy self-cleaning, reduced pollution build-up
In heavy polluted areas with solid pollution
From 70 kN up to 840 kN
For voltage up to
1 000 kV
- 70 years to 1 000 kV
- 600 million insulators
- In operation in 150 countries